The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® is currently offering 40,000 bonus miles after first purchase. The high bonus paired with no minimum spending requirement makes this an lucrative offer for anyone looking for earn some frequent flyer miles.
The card will likely transition into an American Airlines card as the merger is complete between US Airways and American Airlines, but don’t worry you will still keep your miles.
Earn 40,000 Bonus miles
You’ll earn 40,000 miles after the first purchase and pay the $89 annual fee that comes with the card. This is a spectacular deal and you can literally earn a free flight or two from just putting your morning cup of joe on the credit card.
I generally value US Airways miles at around 1.9 cents a piece, which places the the 40k from the sign-up bonus worth close to $760 in free flights. Minus the $89 annual fee and you are looking at $671 in value.
Application Link: The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®
You’ll Get Other Benefits Too
Apart from the huge value you can get from US Airways miles, you’ll get some additional perks with the card:
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
What’s the Bonus Worth?
The 40,000 mile bonus along with leveraging the cards benefits can add up to a huge value. You’ll get a lot more than the $89 annual fee, and the benefits alone could justify keeping the card after the first year.
The US Airways award chart has many sweet spots for award redemption’s. You can currently book awards on any of the oneworld partner airlines and 12 Star Alliance partners that retained a relationship with US Airways. This gives you tons of flexibility when choosing which airline you fly on to your destination, and this means you have lots of cabin choices as well.
US Airways miles are easily worth 1.9 cents a piece, and after paying the annual fee this means you can get close to $671 in value from the 40k miles. Great uses of the miles include Business Class awards flights to North Asia for 90k miles round trip and Australia for 110k. You can also get a round trip economy flight to Europe during an off-peak award for 30,000 miles!