Citi is offering an all-time high sign-up bonus of 75,000 bonus HHonors points after spending $2,000 within the first three months on the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card.
This offer is being marketed as a limited-time offer and currently I can’t say for sure how long it will last.
Last week there was a 50,000 bonus point offer on the card, so if you sign-up now you’ll be earning an extra 25,000 bonus points over last weeks offer.
If you recently signed up for the card make sure you contact Citi to request a match to the better offer currently available. Citi is fairly good at honors this and there are many successful reports.
What are 75,000 Hilton HHonors Points Worth?
Hilton HHonors allows some hotels to price out award nights based on peak and off-peak periods, which makes their award redemption system not as straightforward as other hotel rewards programs.
This can vary by property, but with the best scenario of using the points during off-peak pricing you could get a number of free nights Hilton hotels:
- 15 nights at a Category 1 hotel (award night price: 5,000 points)
- 7 nights at a Category 2 hotel (award night price: 10,000 points)
- 3 nights at a Category 3 hotel (award night price: 20,000 points
- 3 nights at a Category 4 hotel (award nigh price: 20/30,000 points)
- 2 nights at a Category 5 hotel (award night price: 30/40,000 points)
- 2 nights at a Category 6 hotel (award night price: 30/40/50,000 points)
- 2 nights at a Category 7 hotel (award night price: 30/40/50/60,000 points)
- 1 night at a Category 8 hotel: (award night price: 40/50/60/70,000 points)
- 1 night at a Category 9 hotel (award night price: 50/60/70/80,000 points)
- 1 night at a Category 10 hotel (award night price: 70/80/95,000 points)
You can earn up to 18 free nights by grabbing this card and purchasing Visa gift cards from a grocery store or gas station (3x points earning).
This would cost you around ~$22 to purchase four $500 visa gift cards and liquidate them via money orders. This would mean the cost at a category 1 hotel is only ~$1.19 per night!
Although not huge number of worthwhile category 1 properties around the world, a few that look interesting include:
- DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL JOHOR BAHRU
- HAMPTON BY HILTON KRAKOW
- BATANG AI LONGHOUSE RESORT, MANAGED BY HILTON
- HILTON SALALAH RESORT
- HILTON GARDEN INN TUCUMAN
Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card Benefits
One of the major draws to this card is that is has no annual fee and also a very generous sign-up bonus.
The card gives you automatic HHonors Silver elite status. If you make four paid stays in the first 90 days you will earn Gold elite status through the fast track offer.
If you spend more than $1,000 at Hilton hotel you will also earn annual loyalty bonus of 10,000 HHilton bonus points.
The Hilton Visa Signature card earns 6x points per dollar spent at Hilton hotels, 3x points per dollar spent at grocery stores and gas stations, and 2x points on everything else.
The card does not have an annual fee, which makes it a great choice to keep in your wallet if you want a no annual fee Hilton credit card. However, the card does charge foreign transaction fees making it not an ideal card for international travels.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a no annual fee Hilton credit card grabbing the Hilton Visa Signature card right now with it’s all-time 75,000 point offer is a solid choice. The points can be maximized by staying at lower-tier properties, but don’t expect to get more than 1-2 free nights at high-end hotels.
If you want to maximize luxury of your award nights consider looking at the Citi Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card which gives your two free nights at any Hilton hotel. This means you can cash out your two free nights at hotels that normally cost 95,000 points or upwards of $500 per night. However, this card does have a $95 annual fee which may not be of interest to some.