Chase periodically offers increased bonus offers for opening new personal and business checking accounts.
This offer came out once in May 2016 and it’s now again possible to get a $500 bonus for opening a business checking account with an initial deposit of $500 and maintaining that balance for 60 days.
Chase Business Checking $500 Bonus
You can earn a $500 bonus when you open a Chase Performance Business Checking. To earn the bonus you’ll need to make an initial deposit of $500 within the first 10 business days of account opening and maintain the balance for 60 days.
You’ll also need to keep your account open for six months, if you close it before six months Chase may deduct the bonus amount upon closing. You can however keep a lower balance or downgrade the account after you have earned the bonus.
How To Get The $500 Bonus
You’ll need to generate a unique offer code using
this link and log in to your Chase online account.
Once you have generated your offer code you will need to print it and take it into a Chase branch to apply. It’s not possible to open a Chase business checking account online.
Bonus Details & Avoiding Fees
- You are not eligible for this bonus if you have a Chase business checking account or have closed your account in the past 90 days.
- You are limited to 1 business checking account bonus per calendar year.
- Soft pull if you decline over draft protection; hard pull if you opt for over draft protection.
- The initial deposit must be money that does not come from another Chase account.
- To avoid fees you can downgrade your account after the bonus has posted to your account.
- Fees: Performance Business Checking has a $20 monthly fee; waived if you maintain a combined average daily balance of $50,000. Chase Total Business Checking has a $10 when you are enrolled in Paperless Statements (or $12 for paper statements); waived when you maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance. There are reports that the monthly service fee is waived the first two months on new accounts.
- It is possible to send direct deposits from your Chase business checking account, however this service requires a $10 monthly fee. This can be useful for meeting other bank bonuses that require a direct deposit.
Get $1,000 When You Also Open Up A Personal Account
If you plan to open up a business checking account to earn the $500 bonus you can also open up a personal checking account to earn another $500 bonus. The catch is that to open a personal checking account with the $500 bonus you also need a unique offer code which is only sent out in the mail.
Chase personal checking account offers come in several different flavors including:
- $500 bonus w/direct deposit
- $400 bonus w/direct deposit
- $300 checking account bonus + $200 savings account bonus w/direct deposit
How to get a offer code:
- Purchase one on eBay.
- Check your local Post Office’s trash/recycling bins. In just two days I was able to easily spot three Chase checking account offer mailers floating on top of the junk mail people toss at my Post Office. This makes me think that many people immediately toss these valuable offers out, so if you want a coupon it doesn’t hurt to look in the dust bin!