After dropping to 30,000 miles for a month or so, the public offer for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard just went up to 40,000 miles after $3,000 spent within 3 months.
Here are the card details:
- For a limited time, Earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Priority Boarding with Group 1 privileges* and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*
Although this is not as high as the past offer of 50,000 miles mentioned on Flyertalk that is now expired, this is better than the offer that has been available for the last month or so. So it looks like this is the best current Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature Card offer available.
I consider AAdvantage miles very valuable and only second to United miles because of United’s international stopover rules. You can still have stopovers using AA miles but they have to be in the country of departure, so you can stop over in the US on your international flight.