Citi just announced the launched of a new card, the AT&T Access More Card from Citi, which appears to be another interesting consumer credit card option from Citi. The new card is currently offering new cardmembers a free phone up to $650 in value after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months.
That’s a pretty sweet deal if you are in the market for a new cell phone. To qualify for the phone welcome bonus offer you need to:
- Spend $2,000 on your new card within 3 months of account opening
- Purchase the phone through a unique link provided by AT&T to a specific seller
- Maintain service with AT&T for at least 15 days.
The most surprising aspect of this welcome bonus is that you can buy any phone from AT&T at full price and you DON’T have to sign an annual contract. This means you can potentially sign-up for a cheap monthly plan and decide later if you want to stay with the service. You only need to maintain service with AT&T for 15 days.
Here are the full details:
“Here’s how the new phone offer works:
• Spend $2,000 in purchases with your AT&T Access More Card within 3 months of account opening.
• Use your card, now or later, to buy a new phone from AT&T, at full price and with no annual contract.
• Make your phone purchase using your unique phone offer link (which will be provided to you), activate and maintain service with AT&T for 15 days. If you buy a new phone now it will count toward the $2,000 in qualifying purchases!
• Citi will then credit your AT&T Access More Card account for the cost of the phone up to $650 (exclusive of taxes, shipping, fees & wireless service).
Phone Offer Credit is not available if you have had an AT&T Access More Card account that was opened or closed in the past 18 months.”
The offer appears to an incredibly inexpensive way to purchase a new phone without signing up for a contract plan. Also, since your paying full price for the phone there should not be any service agreement and no termination fees, but YMMV.
The cheapest monthly plan is $45 per month, which would mean you are essentially getting around $510 net value from the offer after paying the $95 annual fee and a month of service with AT&T.
The card will also earn 3x ThankYou points for all online retail and travel purchases. If you are a big online shopper this could be a valuable card option for your online spending and a solid and unlimited 3x earning on everything you buy online.
Another point to mention is that the card also offers a 10,000 point anniversary bonus when you spend $10,000 each year. Depending on how you reach the annual spend threshold this could easily offset the annual fee.