The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature sign-up bonus worth 60,000 Hilton HHonors points after spending $1,000 within the first 4 months will be around for 7 more days. The offer is set to end on August 31, 2014, so if you plan on applying be sure to do so before then. I find the card to be a easy way to top offer my Hilton HHonors account and recently applied for this offer during my last round of credit card applications.
This card is a great way to earn extra Hilton points and the minimum spending requirement and no annual fee make it almost painless to earn.
The offer is marketed to last until August 31, 2014, here are the full card details:
- 60,000 Hilton points after you spend $1,000 in the first 4 months
- Earn 6 points for every $1 spent at Hilton hotels, 3 points for every $1 spent at supermarkets, drug stores, and gas stations, and 2 points for every $1 spent on everything else
- Automatic Hilton Silver Elite status which gives you a 15% bonus on earned Hilton points and late check-out
- You’ll also get a $25 statement credit after spending $200 or more on a National, Alamo, or Enterprise car rental in the first 4 months
- There is no annual fee
The card gets you automatic Silver status and also allows you to fast track to Hilton Gold Elite status after 4 Hilton stays within the first 3 months. With the Hilton Silver elite status that comes with the card you will also get the perk of a free night when you stay 5 or more nights. The biggest perk of Gold status is free breakfast and internet, which can easily save you $30+ for Hilton stays in Europe.
With 60,000 Hilton points you can get up to 12 free nights at a category 1 hotel or one night at a category 8 hotel. In my opinion the best use of Hilton points is using the 5th night free benefit at category 1 Hilton properties, which makes the nightly points rate only 4,000 per night! Of course this means you need to be able to find a category 1 hotel that you can use.
Here is a quick breakdown of how you could use your points:
- Category 1 = 12 free nights
- Category 4 = 4 free nights
- Category 4 = 2 free nights
- Category 8 = 1 free night
Some of the more intriguing category 1 & 2 Hilton properties include:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, Malaysia (category 1)
- Hilton Garden Inn Tucumán, Argentina (category 1)
- Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton, Malaysia (category 1)
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (category 2)
- Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, Vietnam (category 2)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing, China (category 2)
The Bottom Line
The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature is a great no annual fee card and is an easy way to earn 60,000 Hilton points. Would I go out of my way to apply for it? Probably not, but with a low minimum spending requirement and no annual fee it may be worth considering to add to a round of credit card applications. The 60,000 point offer seems to come and go a couple of times a year, so I would also expect it to show up again in the future.