Right now there are mistake fares for flights from JFK to Tokyo or Bangkok routing through Europe for $130-$400 after taxes! This is a one way flight flying from JFK to Milan, with an open jaw out of Prague to Bangkok or Tokyo. This deal is hot and will not last long! (DO NOT CALL, this is an obvious mistake fare.)
To find it search on Priceline.com using the multi-city search option and enter this routing:
- Flight 1: New York to Milan
- Flight 2: Prague to Bangkok
Here is a few sample itinerary I prices out, some as low as $163 with taxes and fees! There seems to be availability with varying price ranges:
- $130 – JFK – MXP, PRG-AMS-PVG (NOV 20 and NOV 27)
- $163 – JFK – MXP, PRG – SIN (NOV 1 and NOV 18)
- $165 – JFK – MXP, PRG – BKK (NOV 4 and NOV 11)
- $255 – JFK – MXP, PRG – BKK (FEB 11 and FEB 17)
- $271 – JFK – MXP, OSL – BKK (MAR 4 and MAR 11)
- $276 – JFK – MXP, PRG – BKK (APR 4 and APR 11)
- $292 – JFK – MXP, PRG – JKT (OCT 7 and OCT 17)
- $339 – JFK – MXP, PRG – HKG (SEP 10 and SEP 17)
- $397 – JFK – MXP, IST – NRT (OCT 21 and OCT 29)
- $492 – JFK – MXP, PRG – CPT (NOV 4 and NOV 29)
You can start with the JFK – MXP flight, but with the second leg you can do anything from DUB – ICN or PRG – CPT or PRG – HKG or AMS – NRT or PRG – BKK or BUD – JNB. With a little looking around you can find the mistake fare prices.
Flights Back to the US
There are several cheap options to get back to the US using miles. Both United and AA offer one-way awards for 25k to 35k or you can also buy a one-way for ~$700.
You can book a one-way award using American Airlines miles for 25,000 mils if you book a Off-Peak economy award. Even during Peak pricing it will only cost 32,500 miles for a one-way.
Another option is using United miles for 35,000 miles for a one-way from Asia to the US.
Good luck and happy travels! Lets hope that these hold up, as of now there are