Every quarter IHG releases one of the most popular and generous hotel promotions out there.
The promotion is called PointBreaks and consists of a list of select hotels that are bookable for a discounted rate of only 5,000 points per night.
There is no doubt the promotion has been deteriorating over the last several years, but there are still some values to be had find a hotel that works for you.
Ultimately it depends on where you plan to travel and how flexible you are, but if you can make one of the hotels work then it’s a great deal.
The new IHG PointBreaks list is live and bookable here: IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks: Jan. 30th – April 30th 2017
They are few and far between, but several highlights on the newest list include:
- Intercontinental Maracaibo
- Intercontinental Real Santa Domingo
- Hotel Indigo Krakow
- Holiday Inn Nola – Naples
All of the hotels on the list are now bookable for stays from January 30th to April 30th, 2017. You’ll want to be quick in booking since the most popular hotels will be gone within the first day or even hours.
Just search on IHG.com and if the rewards night price shows up at 5,000 points, then you can book at the PointBreaks rate. If not then either the hotel has not gone live yet or it’s already sold out for those dates.
Also, remember the rules that are in effect for PointBreaks:
- Only two reservations per hotel (per member) – stay can be as long as you want.
- You can always cancel your reservation for free and get your points back.
- If a PointBreaks reservation is canceled the availability does not return to the system.
Good luck and happy booking!