Today IHG announced its new full preview list PointBreaks list that will be available for bookings from March 24 to May 31, 2014. The list will go live and be bookable Monday, March 24 for 5,000 points per night.
The full list of the 150 hotels is out and can be viewed here. You’ll be able to book through the same link starting Monday March 24th.
The list is not ground shaking by any means and quite possibly one of the worst lists thus far. In total there are 5 InterContinental and 7 Crowne Plaza properties. With that said some of the more interesting hotels include:
- InterContinental Hotel – Medellin, Colombia
- InterContinental Hotel – Marine Drive Mumbai, India
- InterContinental Hotel – Hangzhou, China
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Zhongguancun, China
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Alcorcon, Spain
- Holiday Inn Express Quito – Quito, Ecuador
- Holiday Inn Villach – Villach, Austria
- Holiday Inn Fortaleza – Fortaleza, Brazil
- Crowne Plaza Lima – Lima, Peru
- InterContinental Cleveland – Cleveland, Ohio
- InterContinental Real Tegucigalpa – Tegucigalpa, Honduras
I’m sure the InterContinental Medellin is a great property and this would certainly be a great place to stay in the city if you can make the the dates work. Medellin is an amazing city and I enjoyed my visit there last year.
From the looks of it, the list of properties in the US looks fairly useless for most unless you are planning a road trip and heading through some of these locations.
Intro to IHG Point Breaks
Every few months, IHG releases a new list of PointBreaks hotels from various properties around the world including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. During the IHG PointBreaks promotion, the nightly rates are reduced down to 5,000 points per night regardless of the category until the hotel runs out of eligible rooms.
The promotion offers a great value for stays at hotels that have nightly rates between 20,000 to 50,000 points especially if you had your eye on a particular location or you are headed to a destination that is eligible for the PointBreaks offer. The key is to book your stay as soon as possible because there are only a handful of PointBreaks availabilities per location.
Tips for Booking IHG Point Breaks
- Book as soon as you find a location that you would like to stay in before the offer runs out because each location has a limited amount of PointBreaks reservations that they provide.
- If you plan to reserve several nights, regardless of whether they are consecutive dates, reserve each night separately. This way if you need to make a change to your itinerary, you will not lose the PointBreaks rate.
- PointBreaks Reservations are fully refundable, so if you are not sure of the exact dates you can travel, make a reservation for every day you think you might want to travel. Once your plans are finalized, go ahead and cancel the nights you will not be using.
✈ If you enjoyed reading this you can sign-up to receive blog posts via email (max of 1 email per day) or like us on Facebook! And as always feel free to ask questions in the comments below or email me.