IHG Rewards Club’s PointBreaks promotion offers select hotels at a hugely discounted rate of 5,000 points per night.
Given that you can indirectly ‘buy’ IHG points for 0.6 cents each using the IHG “Points & Cash” trick, this means staying at IHG hotels for $30 per night.
The summer 2016 PointBreaks list that was just released is now bookable for stays from April 25, 2016 to July 31, 2016.
The new list ultimately is not earth-shattering, but given the last few PointBreaks lists it’s what I’ve come to expect. However, there are a few nice properties that potentially stood out:
- Crowne Plaza Antwerp
- Holiday Inn Lyon – Vaise
- Crowne Plaza Madison
- Candlewood Suites San Antonio Downtown
- Crowne Plaza Managua
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Montt – Patagonia
- Crowne Plaza Bandung
- Holiday Inn Express Luzern – Neuenkirch
- Holiday Inn Express Stuttgart Airport (possibly good for anyone transiting through Stuttgart)
Remember these rules and tips when booking PointBreaks hotels:
- Stays must be completed within the promotion period.
- Max of 2 reservations per hotel, per month.
- You can cancel your booking and get your points back (per the booking terms).
- Canceled bookings will not necessarily go back into PointBreaks availability.
- Book early, there are limited 5k nights at every hotel on the list. Many hotels get booked up before the end of the promotion period.
Check out these posts for a more in-depth guide to IHG Rewards Club:
- Intro to IHG Rewards Club
- IHG Rewards Club Select MasterCard
- Best Price Guarante – How to Get a Free Night
- Points & Cash Trick: Buy IHG Points for 0.7 Cents Each
- IHG Promo Codes
- PointBreaks – IHG Hotels for 5k ($30) Per Night
- Elite Status
IHG PointBreaks List – April 2016 to July 2016