Chase periodically offers increased referral bonuses through their Refer-A-Friend program.
Chase’s Refer-A-Friend program allows you to earn extra miles and points by referring people (family, friends, etc) to apply for a Chase credit card that you already have.
Marriott Rewards Credit Card Referral
This time around Chase is offering 20,000 Marriott Rewards points for each person you successfully refer to the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card.
You’ll earn 20,000 Marriott points for each person who is approved for a new card through your referral link.
One interesting aspect to this promotion is that there is no limit on the total amount of points you can earn. Typically there is a cap at 50,000 or 80,000 total points in a year, but this time around you can potentially earn a lot more—in fact, per the terms and conditions, it’s limitless.
The Card Offer
Here are the offer details for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card:
- Earn 80,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months (OFFER EXPIRED).
- Earn an additional 7,500 Marriott points for adding an authorized that makes a first purchase.
- 5X points per $1 spent at Marriott/Ritz Carlton hotels.
- 2X points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, car rental agencies and at restaurants.
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual Fee: $85, not waived.
- Card Benefits:
- Account anniversary free night certificate (at a category 1-5 Marriott hotel).
- 15 credits towards your next Elite membership level on account opening and every year.
- Earn 1 elite credit per $3,000 in spend.
How to Get Your Refer-A-Friend Link
If you are currently a Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card cardholder then you should be able to generate your own referral link.
You’ll just need to enter your last name, zip code, and last four digits of your card on this page.
After submitting your information you’ll have the option to share your link via email, facebook, or twitter.
20,000 Marriott Points = 6,667 SPG Points
Remember that with the Marriott and SPG merger you can now link and transfer points freely between accounts at a 3 to 1 ratio.
This means that for every 20,000 Marriott points you earn by referring someone to the credit card, you have the option to transfer those points to get 6,670 SPG points.
At the end of the day this gives you much more flexibility and potentially more value!