During my last round of credit card applications I applied for both the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
At the time both cards were offering 50,000 miles plus a $50 statement credit as a sign-up offer. The requirement of each sign-up bonus included spending $2,000 to earn the 50,000 miles and making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months.
Delta Gift Cards Qualify For $50 Statement Credit
After meeting the spending requirement on both cards I had the 100,000 miles (50,000 miles per card) post to my account, but I still had to make a Delta purchase to trigger the $50 statement credit on my accounts.
From reports around the web I read that purchasing Delta eGift cards will do the trick, so I decided to give it a try to confirm it was still working. The smallest value gift card is $50, which means you’ll essentially be transferring your statement credit value directly into a gift card that never expires.
I purchased $50 eGift cards with both of my cards and had the statement credit post the day after the transaction posted. Success!
Remember you only have three months to make a Delta purchase to trigger the $50 statement credit. If you don’t have a upcoming Delta purchase then this is one of the best ways to get the credit and keep the value for later use.
How To Use Delta eGift Cards, Rules, Etc.
- Allow 72 hours after purchase before redeeming your eGift Card
- When booking a ticket on delta.com, select the “Certificates and eCredits” option.
- Enter the Certificate Number and Redemption Code found on eGift email (it’s important not to loose these numbers as Delta does not keep track of them).
- If there is still a balance after the purchase of your Delta ticket, you’ll get a new eGift Card in the sum of that balance amount issued to you.
- You are limited to 3 eGift Cards per redemption/transaction.
- eGifts cards may only be used for purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation.
- eGift cards may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, mileage booster, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).
- eGifts and Cards may only be used for travel on Delta Air Lines marketed flights, including those operated as Delta Connection® and by Delta Air Lines codeshare partners with a Delta Air Lines flight number.