Barclays increased the welcome bonus on The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® up to 40,000 miles. This card has been a hot topic as to whether or not (or when) the card will be pulled, but it seems like the card will stay around for a bit longer.
Earlier Barclays even sent out emails notifying cardholders that the card will stick around for a while, however no date was given.
If you don’t already have The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®, then likely now is a great time to get it. The normal “highest” offer for the card is 35,000 miles after the first purchase, but the new offer is for 40,000 miles after the first purchase. You can grab 5,000 miles more than the older offer if you get in on the increased bonus.
The 40,000 is the best current offer available right now and a great deal if you are looking at earning more US Airways miles, which will be combined with your AA miles account in the future after the merger is complete.
Here are the card offer details:
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
Application Link: The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®
This offer is the best current offer, and you will get 40,000 US Airways miles after making the first purchase. The card does have a $89 annual fee that is not waived the first year, it’s still a great deal considering you get the 40k miles after your first purchase!
If you were thinking about applying for the US Airways Premier World MasterCard now is a great time to do so. It would be smart to apply sooner than later because these miles will eventually be converted to American Airlines miles and the card will likely be pulled before that.
Until the merger is complete, this is a valuable opportunities to earn and use US Airways Dividend miles. Currently Us Airways has much more generous routing rules than American Airlines, and you’ll get access to the same oneworld Alliance partners. You can currently still book awards with some former Star Alliance partners, including Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, and Turkish Airlines.
Grabbing the 40k from this card after the first purchase is a great way to add to earn US Airways miles to add to the other valuable earning and burning opportunities.
If you’re looking for other hot deals check out my list of top credit card offers on my credit cards page.